A Silver Parachute

Posted on

I can’t imagine being in a group of 24, all of which have one goal in mind: to kill each other, and stay alive. Watching the Hunger Games makes me realize the terror, and stress these kids are put through. One tribute sticks out for me though, and that is Queen B. She is from my home district, and I always admired her strength. Queen B and her family live next door, and they have been through so much in the past couple of years. Her mother died a few years ago, and Queen B is doing a great job as a mother figure. The family must be so worried of losing her in the Hunger Games. She is doing her absolute best though, and  remains to be one of the strongest tributes, mentally and physically. She is not giving up, and you can see the determination on her face, to come home to her family.

When I was told that I was selected to record an inspirational video for Queen B, I was honored. I could not think of anything to say to this young lady, she is so strong that I have no idea how my advice would matter to her. I decided to just record a little bit of comforting words. It wasn’t a fancy speech, just something to give her enough inspiration to come out of the arena as a champion.

2 thoughts on “A Silver Parachute

1. I thought you had a great attention getter; I liked it a lot. This whole piece was great, honestly. One thing that I think could’ve made this piece better is if you stated your name. That’s just a minor thing though. Great job, there were no problems with grammar or anything.

2. Wow! I thought it was a very good post. I thought it was heartfelt and very meaningful. I could feel how much you cared about Queen B. I r4eally enjoyed listening/ reading your post. There were few to no errors in you writing. Really good job overall!!